George E. Crone, Aldo PeroYear
A sculpture of Jefferson Davis standing with his right arm raised above his head, and holding a document in his left hand. The front of the base reads: “JEFFERSON DAVIS/PRESIDENT OF/THE CONFEDERATE STATES/OF AMERICA/1861-1865/BEFORE THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES/HE SERVED WITH DISTINCTION/AS A UNITED STATES CONGRESSMAN/AND TWICE AS A UNITED STATES SENATOR./HE ALSO SERVED AS SECRETARY OF WAR/OF THE UNITED STATES./HE WAS A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT” the back of the base reads: “ERECTED BY/THE JEFFERSON DAVIS/MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION/OFFICERS/MRS. HARRY ALLEN, PRES. WALTER CHANDLER/MRS. OSCEOLA GORDON, SEC. ST. JOHN WADDELL/MISS LOTTIE BLOUNT, BYRON HYDE/MRS. CHARLES CRUMP, JOHN APPERSON/THE UNITED DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY/THE SONS OF THE CONFEDERATE VETERANS/THE CHILDREN OF THE CONFEDERACY/FRIENDS AND PATRIOTIC CITIZENS”
Aldo Pero was the sculptor, George E. Crone was the designer, the Crone Monument Company was the fabricator. The sculpture was dedicated on October 4, 1964.